Forum Index \ CameraFTP Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 142/2
  • azdeltawye
  • (2 posts)

Hello,

What is the maximum allowable streaming bandwidth (Mbps) for the basic residential plans?

For example, if my subscription  allows one 1080x1920 image every three seconds, can I assume a 1080x1920 image is 6MB so therefore the streaming rate would be 2 Mbps?

Is streaming bandwidth throttled by the Client or the Server?

Thanks

9/11/2024 12:18:53 PM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (316 posts)
Subject: Re:Maximimum allowable bandwith

CameraFTP does not throttle the bandwidth, which means you can download your footage at a very fast speed. The actual speed will be dependent on the Internet (backbone) speed between your location and our data center.

CameraFTP has a monthly download bytes limit. The limit is set to a very big value such that a regular user is very unlikely to hit. One possible exception is: if you published a camera and it becomes super popular. If it attracted a lot of people watching your camera(s) day and night, then it could reach the limit. In reality, it is very rare. So you probably don't need to worry about it. If you have any concern about it, please feel free to call or email us.

9/11/2024 1:12:37 PM

• azdeltawye
  • (2 posts)
Subject: Re: Maximimum allowable bandwith

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  9/11/2024 1:12:37 PM

CameraFTP does not throttle the bandwidth, which means you can download your footage at a very fast speed. The actual speed will be dependent on the Internet (backbone) speed between your location and our data center.

CameraFTP has a monthly download bytes limit. The limit is set to a very big value such that a regular user is very unlikely to hit. One possible exception is: if you published a camera and it becomes super popular. If it attracted a lot of people watching your camera(s) day and night, then it could reach the limit. In reality, it is very rare. So you probably don't need to worry about it. If you have any concern about it, please feel free to call or email us.

Thanks for the quick reply, however, I was referring to upload bandwidth.

Shortly after I posted this, I found your plan builder page that has an upload bandwidth calculator. I think that answered my question.

Thanks again.

9/11/2024 1:27:12 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003